Dear colleagues,
Although I can't really comment on whether the subject title is appropriate or inappropriate for some people's computers - I personally have no problem with the idea of RE: nude youths coming up on my screen - I would assume that anyone looking at my screen and seeing it in a Museum-L folder would know any kept message would be of a professional nature.

However, I do hope that this type of discussion re display of items/objects of a sensitive nature will continue on Museum-L as it is about the way museums (and not just art museums) deal with issues of exhibition design and management. It does contribute to policy documents and some of us are taking note of what courses of action other professionals are considering. As a newly established program re the human mind and body, we need to consider the types of subject matter people find 'sensitive' or 'offensive' about such personal subject matter and I believe this type of discussion is valuable amongst professionals. It would be a great pity to confine it to a small group, off list.

Just my 2 cents,
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Terrill PO Box 666E
Project Leader  Melbourne Vic 3001 Australia
Human Mind and Body Program     Ph. +613 9291 2187
Programs and Research   Fax +613 9291 2195
Museum Victoria                                         email: [log in to unmask]