Date:         Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:20:00 EST
Sender: K-12 Service-Learning Nationwide <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Said, Tania" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: museums and service learning
To: Multiple recipients of list NSLCK-12 <[log in to unmask]>

I am a Fellow at CNS headquarters researching museums and volunteerism.  I am
approaching the topic from a few angles, including interviewing staff about
any CNS programs related to museums and surveying the museum community on
their CNS affiliation and outreach using volunteers.

What I would like to know from the list is: has anyone worked with museums or
do you know of such examples?  I'm thinking of how museums are part of
service learning.  The examples are endless and I would love to hear about
your experiences.  What were the pros and cons of establishing a partnership
with a museum, what was the day-to-day experience, etc.?

Thanks in advance.  You can reply to me directly and I will post a summary to
the list for everyone's e-mail ease!

Sincerely, Tania

Tania Said
National Service Fellow