The problem I have with going to museum conferences is that I teach p-t at
a university and a community college (and take post-graduate courses).
Not only would I not get paid if I took off from my classes, I would not
feel right about not holding classes in order to go to a conference.  Sigh.
(I also worry excessively about what would happen if I did get a job offer
in the middle of a semester.  As if that's going to happen....!)  Jan Wilson
[log in to unmask]    Oh, well, someday a museum will get lucky and
HIRE me and have four employees rolled into one for the price of one.  Oh,
dear -- that's SOP for museums.  :-)     JW