I recently heard a radio spot claiming that in fact, this is a Golden Age of
poetry in this country. Anything for an article thesis, I guess. We have
recently written some of our own poetry for a children's exhibit on marine
mammals ( I work for an aquarium). Verse, at any rate--they were short,
rhymed labels. I can't think of any poetry we've quoted elsewhere in our
exhibits, although we do try to slip in a literary reference here and there
("In the slough, the fishes come and go").

I do use poetic devices in my writing--alliteration, rhymes and partial rhymes,
parallel structure, rhythm.