British news reports on the new displays of the crown jewels
indicated that the moving walkways would only be used during
busy times to reduce congestion. This is only hearsay, I have
not tried it for myself yet.

This is part of a growing trend - visitor experiences like
Yorvik in York seem to want to whisk their visitors through
without the option of stopping to take in something which
has caught the imagination. I can sympathise with the museums
and galleries trying to avoid congestion but as a paying
visitor I want the option to spend as much or as little time
with the exhibits as I choose.

--
David Allen, Librarian
The Horniman Museum and Gardens