From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christy Jones
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 3:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] labeling a delicae scarf?

Any of the textile curators out there willing to give me some advice on the best way to label a delicate, 60+ yr old scarf? I think its polyester or nylon, quite thin, was part of a WAVE uniform from WWII. Its been folded for many years, and is beginning to come apart in the fold lines. The rest of the uniform was easily labeled with cloth tags, but I am loath to sew a tag to this.

Nevertheless, it does need a label. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance from an archivist doing her best with the great number of textiles for which she is responsible,

Christy A. Jones

Archivist
MS Armed Forces Museum
Camp Shelby, MS

"We are all worms, but I do believe that I am a glow-worm." --Winston Churchill

Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club!

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: