Also check out The Women's Museum's website: thewomensmuseum.org - it has a list of exhibitions, as well as an online exhibition about women and finance: http://www.thewomensmuseum.org/womens_museum/exhibits/EXB_ve_exhibit1.asp

From:  Andrea Hawkes <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Re: Exhibits re Individual Women/Women's Subjects
Date:  Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:12:14 -0500

Chris,
Two or three years ago Radcliffe put together a traveling exhibit
called "Enterprising Women"  that focused on individual American
women in history and their entrepreneurial spirit (establishing
successful businesses, etc.).  I know it traveled around the
country and either started or ended in The National Heritage Museum in
Lexington, Massachusetts.  They also published a book with the
same title by Virginia Drachman (the historian who curated the exhibit)
to accompany the exhibit.

Andrea
Andrea Constantine Hawkes, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Tate House Museum
Portland, ME  04102

On 11/21/06, Christopher A. Brown <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:
Hello List Members -- I am looking for information about traveling exhibits, originating

anywhere on the planet, in which the subject is: a particular woman, or women's roles, or
women's topics.

By not being any more specific in my query, I hope list readers will think freely and
direct me to a variety of such thematically related exhibits, which I can then continue to

research online.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Regards,

Chris Brown

www.kb-atelier.com

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The
body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

If
you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, age, and price. Try it! ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: