Hello all.  After teaching 8th grade Social Studies for a couple years, I have decided to return to my first love (and my original degree)...art museums!  Since helpful career how-to guides for museum educators are few and far between (if you know of one please share!), I need some advice.  Mainly...

Is there anything that I must be sure to include on my resume other than teaching experience, museum internship, education history...?

As far as format goes...is any particular layout preferred?

Any museum industry specific no-nos that I should avoid?

Upon finding no listed openings, I am in the process of sending out cold letters and talking to staffers.  Anyone have other recommendations for the hunt?

I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks so much.