Please excuse the last attempt to post this message!

The Danvers Historical Society is seeking applicants for its 2005 Collections Internships. Based in historic Danvers, formerly Salem Village, the society is custodian of four historic properties relating to: the Revolutionary War, the Salem witchcraft trials and the development of landscape design in America. These are The Page House (1754), Glen Magna Farms (1812), The Putnam House (1648) and Tapley Hall (1930).
We have a variety of projects available. Interns will be working with a variety of collections and situations helping to inventory and digitize a collection of over 13,000 items using the Pastperfect database software. They will also assist staff in research projects and exhibit preparation. Educational program creation and implementation is also an option.
The Society is hoping to open one of the previously unused properties to the public for tours in June and we need to prepare for this.

The collection has
already been accessioned, but needs to be entered into a computer database and an inventory taken to ensure we can find everything! We have a large and varied Costume and Textile collection, some weapons and firearms and many local and agricultural artifacts.
Projects may also involve working at the other properties inventorying the contents and accessioning and photographing etc, to create goals and procedures for collections in Historic properties used for events and public occasions.

Previous experience volunteering or working for an historical organization is preferred as
well as enrollment in a graduate program in one of the following fields of study: museum studies, american studies, art history, or equivalent. This is a volunteer internship.
Please send cover letter and resume to Melanie Clifton-Harvey, Curator,
Danvers Historical Society, PO Box 381, Danvers, MA 01923