Dear Colleagues:

As Co-Chair of the Marketing Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Association of
Museums, I am pleased to announce that the 58th Annual Meeting of the
Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums (MAAM) will be hosted by museums and
cultural organizations in Philadelphia, PA, October 16-19, 2004. Come and
engage in professional development sessions, networking meetings, evening
events, and on-site workshops.  The host hotel for the convention is the
Loews Hotel Philadelphia. Located in the PSFS Building, the hotel is family
& pet friendly and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
For reservations, please contact the hotel directly at (215) 627-1200. Be
sure to mention that you are with the Museum Conference.

Jose Ortiz from the Metropolitan Museum of Art and I will be giving a
workshop on "Total and Empowering Leadership" (12:30 - 5:00 p.m., Saturday,
October 16). This workshop focuses on new ways to invigorate and inspire
your colleagues and staff in every facet of museum operations.  We're very
excited to have the opportunity to explore leadership, one of the most
important issues facing museums nationwide today.

To register and to see all of the sessions, activities and events go to:
www.midatlanticmuseums.org.

We look forward to seeing you in October.  Cheers!

Geri Thomas, President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
6 East 39th Street, Suite 1200
New York, NY 10016