If one does not feel as though they can speak with the person directly I would suggest perhaps a family member (if relations seem good).  The approach one takes also depends upon the relationship one has with the drinker.  I still tend to think an honest and direct approach is best.  I hope the employer does not give up on the volunteer unless they give them a warning in which they clearly understand that if the behavior continues they will not be able to work for the museum any longer.  If the roles were reversed, how would one like to be treated?

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: