Hi Kim, We have tried several different things to get lapsed members to renew.  What seems to work the best is offering some kind of "freebie."  We have alot of events going on at our museum all the time so one thing that has worked pretty well is giving away free tickets to our summer concert series or "Family Sunday," etc.  We also work with our corporate sponsors to give us incentives to use like gift certificates to resuaurants, 10 free movie rentals from Blockbuster, $20 Power Card from Dave & Busters.............whatever we can get!  We don't usually discount membership rates since the whole idea is to bring revenue into the museum.

Dawn K. Krause, Development Manager

Bishop Museum, 1525 Bernice St., Honolulu, HI  96817         (808) 848-4169   [log in to unmask]

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: