Well Jason, you really stirred things up -
I understand your frustrations - been there (for many years), so here's my advice (and it is honest):
- learn to be civil and to spell
- take those internships and even volunteer jobs or market yourself for contract work, in areas of museum work for which you have an interest and appropriate skills
- learn to like ramen - I am one of those museum directors of which you spoke so highly, and I am sitting at my desk at nearly 7:pm,getting ready for a museum lecture  which will keep me here for several more hours - and I am eating ramen!!
After years of this sort of schedule, I love my work - there is no money to be had but there is lot of soul, knowledge, wisdom and insight to be gained.

e-mail: [log in to unmask]