Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:04:09 -0800
8bit
From:
Alutiiq Museum <[log in to unmask]>
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
September 3,
1999
Dayna Brockman

(907) 486-7004

                                AHF ANNOUNCES NEW MUSEUM DIRECTOR

The Alutiiq Heritage Foundation is pleased to announce that Sven
Haakanson, Jr.

has accepted the position of Executive Director for the Alutiiq
Museum.   Sven, the son

of Sven and Mary Haakanson of Old Harbor,  is currently a graduate
student at Harvard

University, he will join the Museum’s staff in September 2000 after
finishing his doctoral

dissertation in Anthropology.  During this time, the museum will
continue to function

under the capable direction of its professional staff.

 “We are very excited to add Sven to the museum’s staff”, says Ruth
Dawson,

President of the Alutiiq Heritage Foundation,  “It has been our dream to
have an Alutiiq

person lead the museum and we are confident that Sven has the right
qualities to help the

organization flourish”.

Sven was selected for the position by a search committee representing
Kodiak’s

Alutiiq community.  Dawson explains, “We were impressed with his
commitment to

the museum’s mission, his fund raising goals and his enthusiastic ideas
for public

outreach.  We are grateful for Kodiak’s continued support of the museum
and hope that

you will help us welcome Sven next fall.  His willingness to return to
Kodiak and use his

education to preserve and share Alutiiq heritage is an inspiration to
all”.

The Alutiiq Museum is supported by the following Native organizations:

Afognak Native Corporation, Akhiok-Kaguyak, KANA, Koniag, Leisnoi,
Natives of

Kodiak, Ouzinkie, and Old Harbor.  The Alutiiq Museum and Archaeological
Repository

is located at 215 Mission Rd., Ste. 101.  Tel: 486-7004.   Winter hours
of operation

are: Tues-Fri, 9-5 and Sat, 10:30-4:30.

###

--
Alutiiq Museum & Archaeological Repository
215 Mission Road, Suite 101

Museum-L" (without the quotes).