Stephen Lockwood <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:57:49 -0700
Dear Mark:

The carpet will need to be trucked from Florence to (most Likely) Milan,
but (maybe) Rome. You are looking for wide body service which goes non
stop from a city in Italy to Chicago. I believe there is service on
Alitalia from Milan to Chicago and possibly on United Air Lines. If cost
is an issue, check to see what the frieght will be on several airlines.

You will also need a customs broker in the United States and a freight
forwarder in Italy. I suggest contacting your Masterpiece office in
Chicago. If you are importing the carpet, and the carpet is not at least
100 years old, you may have to pay customs duty. If the carpet will only
be in this country for a short time, you can get an exhibition bond. A
customs broker can sort all this out for you.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).