From:
Christine Mouw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 15:21:08 -0400
Hello!

I have a very large and very lovely exhibit case to offer FREE to anyone willing to tote it out of here.  It is really way too nice to dump, and I know there are lots of museums who can't afford things like this, and for the price of a rental truck and some time, it can be yours!

First the size:  It is 12'2" long, 4' wide and 7'6" high--the interior has the same length and width, but the interior height is 5'9".

The base and top exterior lighting fixture are walnut (it holds incandescent light bulbs), the corner braces and tracks for the glass sliding doors are polished brass and all four sides are glass.  The sliding glass doors are on the two long sides.  The interior structure is steel and there are 4 vertical steel posts down the center of the case (painted brown).  There are four large skylights in the top for lighting.

It would be a perfect case for a walk around exhibit of costumes or something you want to see from all sides.  You just don't want to have to move it very often.

We are located about 45 minutes west of the Mississippi River in West Branch, Iowa.  Our museum is only ½ mile off I-80, so we aren't way out in the boonies--and no cracks about all of Iowa being in the boonies!  :-)

Please contact me via e-mail or phone.  We can shoot photos of it with the digital camera and I can e-mail them or I can mail a Polaroid.  We'd like to get rid of it in the next month or so, but we can be flexible.

Thanks!

Chris

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, Iowa  52358
319-643-5301