From:
Jessica Arcand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:16:34 -0400
We invite you to participate in The Andy Warhol Museum's

Community Forums On line at

www.warhol.org.

The Andy Warhol Museum and the STUDIO for Creative Inquiry at Carnegie
Mellon University invite you to participate in "Community Forums Online,"
running June19 - October 10 at www.warhol.org. This experimental new web
project marks the Warhol's first foray into online panel discussions. There
will be three different forums, each one moderated by an expert in creating
"tele"communities.

WHAT DID ANDY AND WALT HAVE IN COMMON?
June 19 - July 25
Moderated by Barry Joseph, Producer Weblab
Andy and Walt: Designing Experience, Creating Environments. From Warhol's
Factory to Disney's theme park attractions, join us as we compare two of
the world's best architects of fantasy.

WHERE DOES LIFE IMITATE DISNEY?
July 26 - August 29
Moderated by Anna Couey, Telecommunications Artist
Where Does Life Imitate Disney? From planned housing and suburban malls to
virtual worlds of the future, join us as we look at the influence of
Disney's theme parks.

HOW ARE COMMUNITIES MADE - IMAGE, BRICK OR PIXEL?
August 30 - October 10
Moderated by Stacy Horn, Founder of on-line group Echo
How are Communities Made? With Images, Bricks, or Pixels? Join us as we
explore community building and the forces that draw people together. This
forum is funded by AT&T.

This web project and the on-line discussion themes have been created to
complement a special exhibition currently on display at The Andy Warhol
Museum:  "The Architecture of Reassurance: Designing the Disney Theme
Parks" developed by the Canadian Center for Architecture in Montreal and
guest curated by Karal Ann Marling, Professor of Art History and American
Studies at the University of Minnesota.

The forums will be conducted entirely online at www.warhol.org, in a
browser-based bulletin board. In addition, the discussions will be
transmitted to the Warhol galleries, allowing museum guests to join the
interaction between panelists and participants on the computer.

We invite you to share your thoughts and hear diverse perspectives.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).