From:
Scott Burkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:54:12 -0400
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Scott Burkett, [log in to unmask]

WETCANVAS! PROVIDES NEW ONLINE ART EXHIBITION DATABASE

April 8th, 1999 -- WetCanvas!, a major news and educational resource for
visual artists announces the availability of a new art exhibition
database and retrieval system.

The system provides a robust search engine that enables web visitors to
perform very exacting searches for art exhibitions, as well as providing
facilities for visitors to instantly provide additional listings.

"We are again excited by an excellent new addition to the site.  It
should prove to be quite useful for art lovers who are trying to track
down their favorite legends.", says Scott Burkett, founder of WetCanvas!
"A visitor can look for specific art exhibitions, say, the ones in their
local or regional area, as well as searching on more advanced criteria,
such as searching by timeframe, sponsor, or keyword. You can get pretty
crazy with the searches.  For example, you could search for all the
Monet exhibits in the system, or search for Monet exhibits in Denver in
July of 2001!"

The new system, the third such system announced in the past few weeks,
is the next step in a number of new initiatives offered to the global
community of artists by WetCanvas!  "The revised competition and
workshop databases, and now the exhibition database, are really aimed at
continuing our trend toward creating a true virtual community of artists
and art-lovers.  We openly invite our visitors to add their own listings
to these databases - to help share their world of art and opportunities
with others."

WetCanvas! aims at providing news and educational information to artists
of all major mediums.  The site also offers free services to artists and
vendors, including free virtual gallery space to any and all artists,
and free advertising opportunities through its innovative
content-exchange program. The site also features a comprehensive product
comparison guide, covering such items as paints, videos, books, tools,
and other items of interest to the artist.  Burkett adds that "we are
putting many unknown artists in touch with a much larger art community
through the use integrated message forums and chat tools.  The site
really is an incredible tool for learning the ins and outs of creating
fine art."  Burkett adds that "the goal at WetCanvas! is to further the
marriage of technology and art, and in particular, how we apply
technology to the field of art education and proliferation."

WetCanvas! also offers a number of services to members of the global art
community.  Professional services such as web site hosting, design,
development, database integration, and e-commerce solutions are offered
to galleries, museums, artists, and members of art media.  An online
media kit is available at wetcanvas.com for all interested parties.

For more information, visit http://www.wetcanvas.com, or contact

END OF RELEASE