From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:33:16 -0800
After reading Ms. Gold's post about working at the Science Center not
far from my home (and thank you from my children, grandchildren, and I
for wht you do), I was reminded to query on her agency on the State of
California's Controller's Unclaimed Property Page:
http://scoweb.sco.ca.gov/scoucp/inquiry/index.htm

I found nothing under California Science Center or under Museum of
Science and Industry.  However, I did find one hit under Science
Center totaling over $1,000 in unclaimed resources that could be
available to the Museum at no cost (since it's your money anyway).

In the last week, I found over $8,000 for friends.  I also found money
for a number of charities about which I care, there's money I need to
call my City about, money available to several universities, and I
suspect there is money there for a number of CA entities.

The trick is to not narrow your search options too far.  Consider all
the possibles when you query so as to leave no stone unturned.  The
money sits there, and the interest is lost.  Sometimes it's small
stuff, but it still should be claimed.

Other states have their own sources for same.  Don't pay somebody to
get this for you.  Search on "Unclaimed Funds" +"STATE"  where STATE =
the name of your state.

It's worth investigating.  Who knows, maybe you can convince your boss
to give it to you as a raise!

==
Indigo Nights