Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:15:11 -0600
      March 19, 1999

       To whom it may concern,

       I am helping my elderly friend sell her Lincoln mask by Volk . Her
husband's father was a good friend with Mr.Volk's son. He in turn gave him
the "FIRST" copy of the original life mask that's found in the Smithsonian.
The mask has been looked at by two of the "best" Lincoln authoritarians;
Harold Holzer (Vice President for Communications At The Metropolitan Museum
of Art) and Daniel Weinberg of the Abraham Lincoln Bookshop formerly Ralph
Newman Bookstore. I also have pictures and documents proving that this mask
is what I say. In back of the masks chin is a 01 and Mr.volk's signature.
Most of the articles I have read say there may only be 1 or 2 of these masks
still in existence (directly from the original). Some articles even say the
mask in the Smithsonian is "not" the original and that the original is still
out there. Therefore, the mask is either the "ORIGINAL" or the first copy
from the original mask. The experts say that because of the exquisite detail
that shown in the mask, from the detail of his mole to the folds in his
face.

In addition to her mask she also has a Mt.Rushmore sculpture by Gutzon
Borglum. She attained this sculpture because her husband's father (Mr.Milek)
was Mr.Borglum's lawyer and good friends part of his payment for the legal
matters of Mt. Rushmore. Mr. Borglum gave him the two months used in
"measuring the original" Mt.Rushmore in South Dakota.The larger model was
destroyed because it was too big for Mr.Milek's barn. However, the smaller
model (21-1/2 inches in height) still exists and belongs to Mr.Milek's son's
wife Eleonora Milek.  On the back of the sculpture is Mr.Borglum's,
President Calvin Coolidge signatures and the date it was dedicated
1925.Also, located on the back are the "eight points of vision"-which are
the eight greatest points of American history. This piece is the "only one"
in existence with all four presidents located in their "original" locations
(Jefferson was originally to be on the left end with Washington next to him
but because of a fault in the mountain they were switched).  Mt.Rushmore is
the "largest" work of art in the world-Twice as large as the Great Sphinx in
Egypt.

  If you know of somebody who would be interested let me know.

                                                                    Thank
you for your help Perry

My name: Perry J. Armstrong III
814 Blue Ridge Pkwy