Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lara Bjork <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:39:57 -0800
Recently I posted a request for names of HVAC engineers with museum
experience.  Not only did I get many leads for my colleague, I also
received many requests for the results.  I've included all responses
below.  Thanks to everyone who responded!!

Lara Bjork

From:         [log in to unmask]
I am President of a Consulting Engineering firm that specializes in
Museum Environmental mechanical/electrical systems.  We have performed
design and construction project management for several museums:
 1.  The Oriental Museum, at the University of Chicago, is the latest
project we have completed.   The project consisted of 16,000 SF
addition and 43,000 SF renovation. The primary motivation was the
preservation of the museum's 300,000+ artifact collection.  My firm
was hired to review the mechanical and electrical systems, as designed
by a local Chicago Architect/Engineering firm.  As a result of our
review, the local consultant was replaced with another firm which
understood Museum requirements.  Our firm could not be hired to
complete the design, as this would have been a conflict of interest.
  2.  The Currier Museum, Manchester, New Hampshire, was also an
addition/renovation project.  We were part of a team, headed by Savage
Engineering (Savage Engineering no longer does  Museum design).  We
performed the mechanical/electrical design and construction inspection.
 3.  The Wadsworth Museum, Hartford, Connecticut was a renovation
project, mechanical/electrical systems for gallery wings.
 4.  Three separate Museums in South Korea - for local Korean
Architect.  We performed  conceptual designs of mechanical/electrical
systems.
 5.  We have also designed mechanical/electrical systems for Duke
University/ University of North Carolina's phytotron (environmentally
controlled chambers, requiring extreme environmental conditions -45
deg F to 140 deg F, rh of 5% to 95%).
We would be pleased to assist you or your colleague who is looking for
a consulting firm.  Please contact us at your earliest convience.

Joseph F. Auclair, P.E.
President
East Consulting Services, Inc.
5 Little Loch Way
Windsor, CT  06095
Tel: 1-860-688-3788
Fax: 1-860-688-4491

_________________
From:  Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

One of the best consultants in the business is Bill Lull, Garrison &
Lull, out of Princeton  Junction, New Jersey.  When I was Director of
Exhibitions and Collections at The Jewish  Museum in New York, we used
him extensively to recommend and trouble-shoot all our environmental
issues as we renovated and built a new section of the museum.  He's
the best!
Cheers, Geri Thomas,
Thomas & Hirsch, 146 West 28th Street, New York, NY
10001; Phone: 212/255-4358
___________________

From: "Douglass W. McDonald" <[log in to unmask]>

I would recommend Ernie Conrad.  They have done a lot of museum work
and are a small firm and understand museums.

Conrad, Ernest A.
Company: Landmark Facilities Group, Inc
252 East Avenue
East Norwalk, CT  06855
Bus: (203) 866-4626
Bus Fax: (203) 866-8019
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Douglass W. McDonald
29 Friends Lane
Honeoye Falls, NY 14472
(716) 624-8171
(716) 624-8172 fax
DMCD@ Frontiernet.net

_________________
From: Sue Maltby <[log in to unmask]>

It depends where your colleague is located.  A good mechanical
engineer should be able to help him/her.  It is important that they
understand & respect the integrity of the building as well.  Have they
considered microclimate controlled cases?

Susan L. Maltby, Conservator
(416) 921-2877
______________________

From: "Carol Bossert" <[log in to unmask]>

Your colleagues should contact Bill Lull, Garrison/Lull Associates.
609-259-8050  Please contact me if you want to discuss further.

Warm regards,
Carol Bossert
CB Services
Olney, MD  301-260-0250

_____________________
From: Kevin Tucker <[log in to unmask]>

The conservator who worked with us on our new building project may be
able to help you find some engineers specializing in this type of
review:

Alexandra Klingelhofer
Macon Museum of Arts and Sciences
Macon, GA USA
912-477-3232

Good luck,

Kevin W. Tucker
Associate Curator for Decorative Arts
Columbia Museum of Art

_________________
From:         "John Leeke" <[log in to unmask]>Add to
Address Book

If this is for an older or historic building please put your friend in
touch with me. Thank you.

John Leeke, Preservation Consultant
publisher:               Practical Restoration Reports
contributing editor: Old-House Journal
postal:                    26 Higgins St., Portland, Maine, USA
phone & fax:           01 207 773-2306
email:                      [log in to unmask]
website:                  www.HistoricHomeWorks.com

_____________________

From:           "Starlyn D'Angelo" <[log in to unmask]>

Check with your state Historic Trust office.  They have lists of
engineers for organizations that recieved Historic Trust grants.  In
my experience, you don't need to have a current grant to obtain the
list.
Good Luck.
Star D'Angelo

______________________

From:              Roger Wulff <[log in to unmask]>

I have access to HVAC Consulting Engineers with experience in museum
environments.  Please contact me or have your friend contact me with
further  details on the project.

We are presently introducing Value Methodology to the Cultural and
Museum Community.  I also enclose an article I have written on the
subject for you and your colleague.

Kind Regards

Roger Wulff
***NOTE: due to the length of the (very helpful) article Roger sent
also me, I'm not sending it to the list.  However, if you are
interested in it, contact Roger directly.