From:
Jane Sarre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:47:08 -0000
I'm posting this for a museum down the road from my office, I don't work
there or know anything about the job though, so if you want any infle please
write direct to them.

Maidstone, Kent, UK

Award Winning Open Air Museum

Curator

Starting salary c. £10,000 pa

The Museum of Kent Life is Kent's award winning open air museum which
reflects the changes in life in the 19th and 20th centuries. As an
independant charitable trust since 1993 the museum has developed extensively
in recent years on a 50 acre site 1.5 miles north of Maidstone, Kent's
county town.

An exciting and challening opportunity exists for an enthusiatic, committed
individual to joing the small management team and be responsible for the
Museum's collections and their effective use by organising and managing
projects to interpret them to the public through exhibitions, events,
lectures, talks, workshops and other means. Adaptability and flexibility
will be necessary qualities.

The museum annually attracts c. 45,000 visitors a year and in order to
continue its on-going improvement and success the successful candidate will
need to prove to be customer-focused as well as being a graduate with a
furtehr museums qualification. Practical skills would be an advantage, as
would a knowledge of Kent and/or rural/agricultural collections. A car and a
clean driving license are considered essential.

This is an excellent opportunity to take a leading role in the day-to-day
management and development of one of the leading museums in Kent and to
participate in all aspects of the museum's operation.

Please apply in writing with c.v. to Nigel Chew, Museum Director, Museum of
Kent Life, Cobtree, Lock Lane, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent ME14 2AU. The
closing date for applications is the 15th March 1999.