From:
Kevin Janni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:45:18 -0600
 I think that inviting a visitor to enjoy the artwork that a particular
museum has to offer, but then say, but you can't enjoy it too much is
totally absurd.  the point is to get people to connect with the exhibit/art.
a museum that prevents visitors from taking notes or making sketches is a
museum who doesn't have their priorities in order.  Museums need  to
remember  that if it isn't for the visitors they wouldn't exist.
what is really happening in art museum has nothing to do with what is
hanging on the walls, it's all about the mental, conciouss/subconcious
interaction with the human being that is observing that mess hanging on the
wall.

kj