From:
Marjorie Wilser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 23:47:16 +0000
As a practicing Christian, I find myself more and more distressed with
the annual excesses of "Christmas," which seems to be transmogrified
beyond ALL belief <pun *intended*>.

I would rather celebrate quietly, avoid the frenzy, and look to the true
meaning of "peace on earth to men of goodwill."

That said -- Christmas was generally celebrated during the era that many
American museums portray: the late 19th C.  I'm sorry, but I fail to see
why going out of our way NOT to represent it is any more "right" than
its commercialization and overuse.

==Marjorie Wilser (Printers' Guild, San Jose Historical Museum)

   @..@   Three  Toad  Press
   or:[log in to unmask]