From:
Bill Quinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:20:03 PDT
Please excuse the cross postings.

I am looking for information regarding "Global Learning" approaches
being employed in UK museums and art galleries. This can be versions of
DBAE (with wider parameters), common curriculum, or cross curricular
practices of museological pedagogy.

Specifically, I'm curious if Global Learning approaches are being
addressed. If they are, then how are they implemented, and what
curriculum standards are they using?

Are they addressed internally, or just outreach, or both?

If they are not being addressed, or practiced, then what approaches are
being used with regards to educational programming?

This question, while specifically intended for Educational staff at
museums and galleries, can also be posed to curatorial and exhibition
design. Is there an awareness of differing educational precepts when
exhibitions are designed?

I hope this isn't too broad. Any response would be appreciated.

Please respond either on the list or off, if you would prefer. I prefer
on as this information is of interest to the majority of subscribers.

Thank you in advance for the responses.

Bill Quinney
Director
Whistler Inuit Gallery