From:
Kory Berrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:28:48 -0400
Of the roughly two thousand conservator members of AIC (the American
Institute for Conservation) only about 500 work within the broader
objects catagories, fewer than half (I'm guessing) work with decorative
objects, and a smaller percentage work with glass.   To find one within
the geographical boundaries you've described may be tough since most are
located in mid-Atlantic and northern east coast areas, along the west
coast, or in other major urban areas like Chicago.  I suggest you avail
yourself of the FAIC (foundation for the AIC) referral list.  A written
request will prompt a computer search of their member data base and
generate a list of all persons declaring glass among their areas of
expertise on a state by state basis.  The list will also be offered in a
heirachical order with Fellows listed first, Professional Associates
next, and Associates (a general dues paying category) last.  Their
address is:  1717 K Street, N.W., Suite 301, Washington, D.C.  20006

Kory Berrett
Objects (including glass) Conservator
Fellow of AIC
3054 Reisler Road, Oxford, PA  19363
(610) 932-2425

You wrote:

We need the services of a glass conservator within 250 miles of
Asheville,
>North Carolina.  Could someone on this list recommend anyone?  We're
>hoping to find someone in North Carolina, western Virginia, West
Virginia,
>eastern Kentucky or Tennessee, northern Georgia, or South Carolina.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Martha Battle Jackson, Registrar        (919) 733-7862
>NC Historic Sites                       Fax: (919) 733-9515
>109 East Jones Street                   [log in to unmask]
>Raleigh, NC  27601-2807

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]