From:
Richard Ahlborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:51:55 -0500
As a curator in the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American
History, I am planning a symposium for Jan., 1999 here in Washington DC
to be part of the joint conferences of the American Historical Association
and  the American Society for Church History.   Our symposium will be
"Religion in American Life: Museum Perspectives".

We would welcome more information on the SMHR, especially how and
why it was established, its policy toward religions as subjects of
research, collecting and public education.  My email: ahlborn.nmah.si.edu.