Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:41:03 +0800
7bit
Comments:
Apologize for any cross-posting

CHINA NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CULTURAL PROPERTY
Scientific and Technological Center for Conservation and Restoration

Announcement of Spreading the Results of Scientific and Technological
Researches

The Scientific and Technological Center for Conservation and Restoration
(STCCR), being the only professional body in China under the China National
Institute of Cultural Property devoted itself to scientific and
technological researches on the problems and emergency treatments
encountered in the conservation and restoration of Chinese cultural relics.

All 18 stuff members    of the Center are professional experts with more than
half of senior researchers. The current works involved are the conservation
and restoration of wall painting and the cultural relics made of stone,
metal, textile, paper, lacquer, wood, bamboo, as well as their dating and
identification (the Center has C14 and thermoluminescence laboratories).
The Center has archived great success in all these aspects and accumulated
rich practical experience. In order to better conserve ancient Chinese
heritage and world heritage, we hope that our results could be widely
sprayed in China and abroad. All that interested in applying our research
results or in providing financial supports for the conservation in China
would be highly appreciated and please contact:

Professor Xu Yuming
Director
The Scientific and Technological Center for Conservation and Restoration
China National Institute of Cultural Property
2 Gao Yuan Street
Beijing 100029
China