From:
Adriaan Linters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:58:47 +0200
Thanks to everyone who answered or who posted information on the fiscal
position of volunteers. Much of the information came from the US.
Has anyone information on the situation in other countries ?

As it looks to me based on the information I have so far, there are not
very much tax incentives available to promote voluntary labour, even the
contrary.
I was made aware that in some countries a specific problem seems to exist
with people who early retired (age 55+) or who are unemployed (and who want
to be active, even without regular paayment): some tax systems interprete
every cost allowance they receive as a taxable income until the volunteer
has proven that they aren't...

I'm not sure that this is the list to discuss this topic. If there is any
other list that's more appropriate please tell me.

visit our website at: http://www.conservare.be/vvia/vviahome.htm
Adriaan Linters
chairman 'Vlaamse Vereniging voor Industriële Archeologie'
(Flemish Association for Industrial Archaeology)
P.O. Box 30
B-9000   Gent-12
Flanders-Belgium
tel. (+32)(0)56/253373