Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:26:54 -0500
Our children's museum is in the start up phase.  The Task Force has
incorporated, filed for and awaiting a 501 © 3 determination letter, has
two traveling exhibits rotating throughout local classrooms, appeared at
12
local festivals last year, is doing site research.  What is our next
step?
Is it too early to put together a board of directors, or do we need to
wait
until we receive tax exempt status?  A local grocery wishes to set up our
proposed grocery exhibit and awaiting specifications.  We do not have
sponsorship policy or any policies written.  What do we do?  How do we
continue to court the sponsor so they will not grow weary while we are
waiting for exempt status, board nominatioins and policy making?  Our
cart
seems to be before the horse.  Public interest has moved faster then our
organizational steps.  Help!

Angela Wilcox
Children's Museum of Elizabethtown
Kentucky