From:
安井 亮 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:27:00 +0900
FROM:Yasui R., Tokyo
Dear Colleagues,
It's a bit late, but please accept my best wishes for a Extra Super New Year f
or you!
Check out the Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida.
Postal Address: POB 117800, Gainsville FL 32611-7800
Fax: 1 352 32 8783

Florida Museum of Natural History has been at the Dickinson Hall on the campus
 of the University of Florida since their establishment in 1917.
Recently, their exhibits in Dickinson Hall closed on December 1, 1997 and move
d to the new Powell Hall which is located between the Harn Art Museum and the
Center for the Performing Arts on the University of Florida campus. Their new
facility consisting of an education and exhibit center at the Powell Hall open
s to the public on January 30, 1998. The museum's research collections will re
main in Dickinson Hall. The Powell family of Fort Lauderdale made donations to
 build the Powell Hall in 1995.

Sorry, I have not visited them yet by myself. However, All of the above inform
ation is gathered by a cyber visit to their website and a recent study about t
hem.Therefore, I am not sure whether the Dickinson Hall was fully occupied or
partially by the Florida Museum of Natural History. This is same to the Powell
 Hall.
Please ask them for further information if this short note sparks your attenti
on.

Ryo
Yasui R. (Mr)
Museum Consultant
1458-103, Shinkoji-cho, Machida 195-0051, Japan.
Tel. 81 427 36 8244
Fax. 81 427 36 5916
E-mail. [log in to unmask]