From:
Estie Karpman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:26:34 -0500
We are in the midst of a new annual campaign with a membership component.
It has taken about 2 years to bring the Board members along on both the
need and especially the purpose of the membership. Where will the money go,
who benefits, etc.? You must set a goal of how many contacts they are
expected to do (ususally no more than 10) and you also must do the leg work
for them.  Make it easy, ie: Write the approach letter, make the mailing
packet, with a brochure, etc. and send them the cover letter to sign and
add a personal note. This really works. Good luck!

Estie Karpman
Illinois State Museum