From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:39:12 -0400
I am not alone in feeling the AAM staff is doing very well on behalf of
America's museums.  After 17 years of membership, though, a period during
which our entire professional universe has changed, I wonder whether the
AAM board wouldn't welcome some solid proposals from the "hired help" to
take on some new and member-useful home office projects?

The AAM board consists of professionals who undoubtedly have demanding "day
jobs."   Our own museum boards are filled with similarly busy people.  They
tend to expect the professionals on  staff to make the recommendations, not
the other way around.

I am glad Andy Finch is a staff conduit for Museum-L meanderings or, at
least, that some of these thoughts are being shared within the home office.