From:
Hodcarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:47:38 GMT
To drone on a bit more.  My concept of a curator's position is one that is
responsible for a "collection" that collection  can be rocks, bugs, guns,
shoes, garden tools or even buildings.  Part of that responsibilty is
having in-depth knowledge of that collection.  Being a curator should be a
career path by itself. A curator is, again in my view, not an
administrator not someone who is putting in a couple of years before they
can move up  to being a director or assistant director.  Of course, every
year far more historic sites of one sort or another open than close so
overall employment goes up.  Art museums and natural history museums are a
different kettle of fish  and are areas where I have much less
experience..