From:
Delphine Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:26:45 -0500
Contact Jacqueline Beaudoin-Ross, Curator of Costume and Textiles

McCord Museum of Canadian History
690 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal QC
Canada   H3A 1E9

Tel. 514.398.7100
Fax. 514.398.5045

Sorry I do not have email address.

I used to work at the McCord and I remember an exhibition of quilts about 10
or 12 years ago.  There certainly are crazy quilts in the collection but
they would only be exhibited from time to time.

The McCord is affiliated with McGill University.

>I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my request for museums
>which display crazy quilts. I have found several museums to list on
>my new page Crazy Quilts on Display which will be added to my site
>this week. I'm also planning a trip this summer to visit some of
>the museums in Kentucky.
>
>Many who answered my request mentioned that due to their fragility,
>most museums do not put crazy quilts on permanent display. Some of
>the museums will show the quilts in prearranged private
>appointments to those interested in researching them. This
>information will be posted on the page along with who to contact
>where I have that information.
>
>If you know of a museum which has crazy quilts in it's collection
>even if these quilts are not now on display, please let me know.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Dawn Smith
>
>Visit my webpage Crazy Quilt Central.
>Home of the CrazyQuilt FAQ
>http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/6531

Delphine G. Bishop
Chief, Registration/Chef, Enregistrement
National Gallery of Canada/Musée des beaux-arts du Canada
Ottawa, Ontario

Tel 613.990.1959
Fax 613.990.8689
Email [log in to unmask]

           CHECK US OUT ONLINE!                GARDEZ L`OEIL OUVERT!

           http://national.gallery.ca          http://musee.beaux-arts.ca