From:
Scott Reuter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:54:55 -0800
> Museum fires--each of which was caused by construction on the roof.
>
> When is anybody going to get a clue about the dangers of construction in
> historic buildings?

Sounds to me as if the Museum Staff were lax in developing strict
guidelines to prevent such a disaster. Certainly the construction firm is
responsible for the fire, but don't forget who was responsible for the
collection (I think we all learned that in our first museology class). You
will probably see more and more of this as museums continue to turn
themselves into theme parks to draw in more visitors.

Best Regards,

Scott Reuter