From:
Melissa M Heaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 21:08:39 -0400
I work for a museum organization that has a number of historic houses that
have dirt floors located in them. We have had problems keeping the dust level
down in these spaces, as well as keeping the public from tracking that dust
into other parts of the house.

Has anyone in the house museum field had experience with dirt floors (ours
are primarily in kitchen spaces) and how to keep the dust from going
elsewhere. I understand that there are products that can be mixed with the
dirt to "solidify" it, but I am in need of specifics.

Please respond off-list to me at:

Melissa Heaver
National Trust for Historic Preservation

Thanks for your help