From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:17:34 -0500
Well, friend, the point is made!  Again! and Again!  Appearances are the
reality of most organizations or we wouldn't have a White House worrying
that Bubba is sitting a couple of inches lower than Boris Yeltsin!

Let's get back to the thread.  In the museum field, what is the appropriate
distance between board and professional staff -- what latitude is
appropriate?  Why do we still countenance the idea of having board members
sign all checks?  Are we mistrusted by stereotype?  An IMS-GOS grant
reviewer once gigged us for not requiring that a board member sign
checks....Wow!

Ross Weeks