From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 05:06:00 PST
At 10:33 AM 11/5/96 MST, you wrote:
>Regarding Matt Mayberry's description of the Dole/Kemp incident, and
>Andy Finch's reply:
>
>Maybe I missed it in Matt's message, but:
> - was anyone in officialdom notified/asked if it was OK to have this
>event at the museum? Police? Was a permit required?
>Andy:  Do you really mean that political campaigns have the right to
>do what they want where they want without regard to the locals?  I
>don't think you do, but.... And what if the museum director doesn't
>want to schmooz with the candidate?
>Needless to say, this pushes a medium-size button of mine, and I
>would include among these arrogant acts having local high school
>bands and cheerleaders (no doubt a command performance, no choice in
>the matter) at political rallies, etc.
>Whew, I feel better now...  :) .
>Don't forget to vote!!!

Yes, and why not allow museums to use their establishments for
voting centers? We can serve cookies and punch, and use it
as a "special event."

Was everyone satisfied with that great television affair last
night?  Bill won -- but those issues in many states was the
most interesting aspect of the evening (every issue from
bear trapping to property taxes).

p.s.  I think canidates have no right to take over a museum
as first described in this post, however, if it is city property
and the powers that be allow it -- what can you do?

I guess that is when you serve cookies.

John Martinson
288 N.E. Maple Avenue
College Place, WA  99324