Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 09:56:50 -0500
Last year we ran a program, which we will use again this year, called
"Phantoms of the Museum" (ooh, spooky, huh?).  Anyway, we turned the lights
(most of them, anyway) off in the main gallery, and had people dressed in
costumes to represent the settlers of our town.  As the kids were brought
around, the characters were illuminated by flashlight and told a story.
Afterwards the children made masks and monsters to take home.

This year, tying in with our temporary exhibit "Mayan Procession:  Paintings
by Winifred Godfrey", the activities will tie in with the Day of the Dead.
The children will decorate sugar skulls, and do some other related activities.
We will be doing a lot of programming related to Hispanic cultures during this
exhibit, including a display of Day of the Dead altars.

Good luck with your programming!

Laurie
The Holland Museum