From:
Robert MacKimmie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 13:25:51 -0700
CD-ROM technology may be glitzy, fun technology but it is a
publishing medium just the same, so similar use fees should apply.
One thing about the publishing industry is that you will witness
"song and dance" justifications about why you shouldn't charge use
fees.

When the archive community, at large, responds uniformly in an
affirmative and rightfully "standing our ground" way, they will cease
to "pull the wool over." I've heard many wildly spun justifications
during my years doing photo rights and reproduction.

Cheers, and hold the high ground.

Robert MacKimmie
Curatorial Director of Photography
California Historical Society, San Francisco