Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 14:12:23 GMT
Kathy, here in Winnipeg we have been investigating ticketing (and
Point of Sale) programs for some time.  One system that we are very
impressed with is "Advance Ticket Management Information System"
(ATMS), developed by Van Os & Associates in Edmonton, Alberta.

As far as I know, four Canadian Science Centres are currently using
the system, and I have heard favourable reports.

You can contact Adrian Van Os at:
(403)-421-0499  voice

You might also want to contact Kathy Bober at the Mus of Sci and
Industry in Chicago, as she was leading the investigation of a
Ticketing system for them back in May.  Voice: 312-684-1414 ext 2352.
Good luck!

George Wurtak
Director of Programs
Manitoba Museum of Man and Nature/Planetarium/Science Centre
email: [log in to unmask]