From:
Terry Quinlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 14:53:05 GMT
"J. Golden" ([log in to unmask]) writes:

        I am in the process of transferring glass photographic negatives
> to non-acidic envelopes and am curious about how others have handled this
> process.
>         Also if you know of any books or articles that I can reference on
> the care and storage of archival glass negatives, that would be helpful too.
>         Thankyou.
> Rita Belda
> University of Iowa
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]

The following is a list of reference materials you may find useful.

Canadian Conservation Institute. "Care of Encased Photographic Images" CCI
Notes 16/1. Ottawa: Canadian Conservation Institute, 1988

Eastman Kodak Company "Conservation of Photographs" Eastman Kodak
Company, 1985

Feldvebel, Thomas. "The Ambrotype Old and New" Rochester: The Rochester
Institute of Technology, 1980

Hendriks, Klaus B. "Fundamentals of Photograph Conservation: A Study
Guide" Ottawa: National Archives of Canada, 1991

Kulka, Edward. "Archival Enclosures: A Guide" Ottawa: Canadian Council of
Archives, 1995

Martin, Elizabeth. "Collecting and Preserving Old Photographs" London:
William Colling Sons and Co. Ltd., 1988

Ostroff, Eugene. "Conserving and Restoring Photographic Collections"
Garden City: Doubleday and Company, 1987

        If you have any questions regarding these references please feel
free to contact me. Best of Luck.

Terry Quinlan
Algonquin College
Professor of Conservation
Museum Technology and Archives Technician Programs
(613) 727-4723 ext:5060