Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Andrzej Kowalski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 14:13:16 -0800
At 16:27 02/02/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Where is your evidence that curators (as symbol processors) somehow
>>naturally have the information modeling and algorithm implementation
>>background (either natively or through training) to build robust
>>long-lasting information management systems?
>
>Conversely, where is the evidence that programmers know beans about what
>curators need now or might need in the future?  Curators are not good at
>comunicating their information storage needs, and programmers are not good
>at explaining how their algorithms work.  However, I think curators can be
>taught the basics of programming easier than programmers can be taught the
>basics of collections management.
>
>Julia Moore
>Indianapolis Art Center
>(my $0.02 as well)

Come on people,

It is facile and counterproductive to suggest that curators would be better
at learning programming than programmers or vice versa.  Surely, it comes
down to  issues of collaboration, cooperation and good communication skills.

Andrzej Kowalski
Andrzej Kowalski                                     Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dingo Software Systems Inc.                          Tel: (604) 877-1960
[log in to unmask]                                    Fax: (604) 877-1961
http://www.dingo.com

Fast and flexible data retrieval from data collections of all sizes
in-house and on the WWW with the KE Texpress object oriented database.