Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Terry Quinlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 21:23:50 GMT
  Current research shows that polyehtylene foams (Ethafoam, and
Polyfoam), cross-linked polyethylene (Volara) ethylene/vinyl acetate
copolymers (Evazote;Volra), polypropylene (Microfoam) are all acceptable
for lining shelves. We use a thin gauge polyethylene foam (polyfoam),
which can be purchased from Carr Maclean 1-800-268-2138 or 416-252-3371
  Here is a list of current articles and/or authors;

Tetreault Jean, Williams Scott, "Guidelines for Selecting Materials for
Exhibit, Storage and Transportation" Version 4.3 Canadian Conservation
Institute. Ottawa May, 1993

Tetreault Jean, "Materials of Construction,Materials of Destruction"
Canadian Conservation Institute Translation from "Materiaux de
construction, materiaux de destruction", Postprint of 3e colloque
international de l,assoication des restaurateurs d'art et d'archeologie de
formation universitaire: la conservation preventive, Paris 1992 162-176

Craddock Brooke Ann, "Construction Materials for Storage and Exhibition"
article from: "Conservation Concerns:A Guide for Collectors and Curators"
Cooper-Hewitt Museum and Smithsonian Institute, NY 1992 pp23-28

Raphael T "Conservation Guidelines: Design and Fabrication of Exhibits"
Division of Conservation, National Park Service, Harpers Ferry Center
Revised 1991 (304) 535-6139

Many more articles out there, but I am about to be cut off. If you require
further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Terry Quinlan
Prof. Museum Tech. Program
Algonquin College