Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elizabeth Maria Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 14:37:59 -0500
This message is NOT about: s'mores, samoans, oughts, millenia, girl
scouts or arsenic.  It IS about a research project that I'm working on
for a class on interpretation in Historic House Museums.

I hope to examine the ways that American Indian houses and buildings are
interpreted in museum settings as "homes."  The research will be framed
around the existing
literature on "traditional" historic house museums as well as the
literature on presentation of American Indian/Native American culture in
museums.

I'm hitting some dead ends in my research here at the library, so does
anyone know of:

* publications (books, journal articles, theses) that address issues of
representing American Indian culture in museums, and the interpretive
decisions involved. ( I'm pretty familiar with "Exhibiting Cultures" and
"Musems and Communities.")

* Places that could be considered American Indian house museums; e.g.
recreations at historic villages or outside museums, actual historic
structures (any of the Pueblos), or period room type set-ups in museums
(I'm thinking of the Native American Hall at the Denver Museum of Natural
History.)

If you send me a useful response, I'll give you a s'more (or samoa, your
choice) thanks.