Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Fred R. Reenstjerna" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 22:41:26 -0800

>Can anyone recommend any books or articles on records management in
>museums? Any type of museum would be welcome, I would just be delighted to
>find some sources! Also, are there any records management in museums
>resources (special associations, AAM groups, etc.) you would recommend?

The Society of American Archivists has a Museum Section, which I have
recently joined.  SAA publishes a good series of introductory
guidebooks, one of which concerns museum archives.  While this is
from an archival perspective rather than a registrarial one, it
discusses some of the same issues - provenance, conservation records
for artifacts, etc.

They're in Chicago, & I'm not at my desk at this moment.  You
might call Chicago Directory Assistance [or they're probably in the
AAM Official Museum Directory as an affiliated organization].

>Thanks in advance,
>Lisa

Fred R. Reenstjerna
Rsearch Librarian