From:
Janis Wilkens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:23:50 -0400
But take note--the places using those plastic balls are having big problems
with sanitation.  The balls have to be sterilized daily to control
transmission of disease-causing bacteria . . .

>Ed, For younger kids, how about a room full of inflatable vinyl salmon for
>kids to go into similar to the plastic ball rooms that are very popular.  Call
>it "Fish Packing Plant".  Kids go in, wading through the fish,  if they load
>fish into big hopper at one side of room, air blower or something carries the
>inflatable fish around up to a shute where they all cascade down on the kids
>again.  Use same fish for a sorting activity:  a conveyor brings different
>kinds or sizes of fish to be sorted, sometimes slowly, sometimes speeding up
>to faster than anybody could sort (consult Alan Funt on this one).  Where to
>get inflatable fish?  Hmmm.  I don't know.  We did look into getting or making
>inflatable items about a year ago.  We may have some info, let me know and
>I'll hunt for it.  I think your plan for interactives, as in velcro attached
>fish, stereo viewers, as you mention above is the way to go.
>
>Cheers.
>Joel Clark
>Science Center of Connecticut
>
>>Ed Lambert, Education Department:
>
>>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>>Museum of History and Industry
>>2700 24th Avenue E
>>Seattle, WA  98112
>>(206) 324-1126
>>Fax 342-1346

Janis Wilkens
Curator of Collections/Interim Assoc. Director
Museum of York County
4621 Mt. Gallant Road
Rock Hill, SC  29732-9905