Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 09:38:55 -0800
Comments:
To: [log in to unmask] cc: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Mindy,

What I was looking for was cost of CD-ROM production, so I didn't carry my
search very far.  What I learned:

1.  Once the master has been generated, burning a CD-ROM is not very
expensive.  For a quantity of about 5000, one should be able to get the
price down to $5 or $6 which includes all of the packaging and printing of
inserts.  The CD-ROM itself may cost as little as 60 cents each.

2.  Purchasing the equipment and burning the CD's oneself (in quanitity)
would be prohibitive.

I spoke with a very helpful person at 'DNA Multimedia' in Vancouver, BC.
They don't burn the CD's, but they were familiar with the cost and process
and gave me all the info that I needed.  If you want to email them:

I hope this helps!

Jim

>Jim-
>If you have received an answer to the question as to where to manufacture
>your CD-ROM, could you share that we me, or with us on the list?  Thank you.
>Mindy

Jim Angus
Director of Information Technology/Hypermedia Programs
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

voice:  213/744-3317
fax:      214/746-2999