From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 16:40:29 -0800
Well,  I took a look at this site with Netscape 1.1.  Everything worked
alright, but the information content in the opening screens is pretty low.
I personally don't want to plow through a bunch of tricks before getting to
the heart of the matter.  The image resolution was very good considering
how small the graphics were (~25k).

About standards.  Standards are good, but so is expanding boundaries.  I
think Art Center is attempting to expand boundaries, but they've made a
mistake not providing a more standard alternative as well.

I develop some pages for Netscape 1.1N, but I also either provide a more
standard alternative, or assure myself that the results still look pretty
good when viewed by another browser.

I think Art Center's site is a creative attempt, and like much art that I
view, I don't get it.  Maybe it's just my background in science, but I like
information to be presented cleanly and clearly, not deliberately obscured!

Jim

>Art Center College of Design's new website is up and is different than
>anything you've seen before.
>
>Be patient, put aside your usual web expectations, and try it at
>
>http://www3.artcenter.edu
>
>This is its first week and I would appreciate reactions personally or on
>the list if you think it appropriate.  The Williamson Gallery page will be
>added soon.
>
>Thanks!
>

>Stephen Nowlin
>Vice President
>Director, Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery
>Art Center College of Design
>1700 Lida Street
>Pasadena, California 91103  USA
>(818)396-2397vox (818)405-9104fax